New product range integration: The client faced the challenge of seamlessly introducing a new product range into their existing supply chain, aiming to minimize overall supply chain costs across the entire business.
Cost savings across international supply chain: Having previously engaged TMX successfully for a freight Request for Proposal (RFP), the client sought to replicate similar cost-saving achievements across their international supply chain.
TMX undertook the following actions for the client:
- Led the international supply chain RFP process following our proven logistics procurement framework.
- Conducted rigorous analysis, qualitatively & quantitatively, to determine the optimal supplier mix, balancing cost, and service requirements.
- Identified improvements such as payment terms renegotiation, service level changes, SLA’s including KPI’s and compliance requirements.
- Developed a transport service matrix for the client to optimize their export service type decision making process and minimize costs.
- Recommended a new provider with key mitigation strategies provided to reduce the risk, complexity and timeline for implementation.
Combining TMX’s logistics procurement expertise and process improvement initiatives, the project generated annual savings circa AUD~$1.7M (30%).