Kathmandu were facing various challenges including:
Automation: The integration of the base building works around a complex automation system.
Design: Designing an online solution to meet an unknown trajectory.
Sustainability requirements: Green Star energy and environmental efficiency requirements in line with company objectives.
Find the right property: Sourcing property solution to meet current and future core business needs.
The project encompassed various key steps:
- Establishing minimum building performance standards and integrating Greenstar elements and automation.
- Conducting a competitive developer tender and selection.
- Negotiating lease agreements with staged handover provisions.
- Overseeing automation installation and testing.
- Managing design and construction to practical completion.
- Developing people flow and traffic plans.
- Handling the defects liability phase post-completion.
The team at TMX are very talented, personable and from our perspective acted with high integrity. I would recommend TMX as a trusted strategic partner to others embarking on this complex process.
Overall, the project delivered a number of significant results, successfully meeting delivery timelines, and facilitating a smooth transition to a new facility during off-peak trading periods. A 5-star Green Star certification was achieved as mandated by Kathmandu. The integration of an automation solution into the base building was accomplished.
Additionally, the technical design brief included provisional sum allowances that absorbed variations. The design solution not only accommodated future expansions in building area and automation capacity, but also ensured uninterrupted business continuity throughout the process.