The client's primary focus has always been transportation services, comprising ocean freight and inland distribution networks, they’re now expanding their services into land-based 3PL operations in New Zealand. Emerging into a new field brings many obstacles for the client, including:
- Requirement of industry experts for complex construction in land-based purpose-built facilities for warehouse and distribution, due to lack of expertise.
- Expansion of service capabilities in the New Zealand market with 3PL operations, lacking established benchmarks throughout the supply chain.
- They also secured three major 3PL contracts with leading agriculture providers in New Zealand before committing to land development, necessitating a retrospective fulfillment of negotiated contract terms by TMX through a purpose-built facility.
- Created a comprehensive temperature-controlled facility concept plan, incorporating office and site layout options for internal approval.
- Formulated a detailed project requirements/design brief for the Request for Tender (RFT), facilitating subcontractor selection for the design and construct contract.
- Managed the construction timeline by directly engaging the builder (Apollo Projects) and coordinating with various subcontractors on behalf of the client
- Assisted in site due diligence for the preferred location, providing a detailed report, early planning interpretation, and guidance to inform property feasibilities.
- Oversaw engineer-to-contract responsibilities, ensuring compliance with design and construction contractual obligations and specifications.
- Maintained a streamlined information flow, serving as the single point of contact between internal/external stakeholders.
TMX played a critical role in Hamilton new build from the outset. From managing design specifications to project delivery. Driving the program to achieve the best outcome and to fulfil our contractual obligation to our customers was prioritized by TMX from the start.
A project plan was executed on behalf of the client, where the TMX Project Services team have maintained a program, ensuring that commercial agreements with their tenants are always upheld.
Additionally, advice on industry capabilities, requirements to compete in the sector and communicating the intricacies of developing build sites vs. shipping lines was provided to the client, in order to achieve a successful build in the new space.