As a result of large, MHE battery charge, powered truck and trailer parking and refrigeration loads, Martin Brower faced sizeable power requirements. Martin Brower’s head office for ANZ also required bespoke finishes, above those of standard industrial offices, making it challenging to find an appropriate site.
Martin Brower also had a pressing requirement to meet the Green Star building standards, prompting a push to advance the company's sustainability goals and communicate its pledged commitments.
In response to Martin Brower's challenges, TMX developed detailed project requirements to be carried out across the project, including:
- Developer tender and selection.
- Negotiation of Agreement for Lease and final Lease.
- Management of design and construction process through the developer and builder.
- Client fitout tenders including racking and office fitout.
Over the course and upon completion of the project, TMX were able to deliver a number of significant results for Martin Brower:
- 6-star Green Star certification achieved – the first refrigerated facility in the country to receive such a rating.
- 770KW solar system installed to the roof enabled Martin Brower to receive instant returns on investment as the annual savings on power exceeded the annual cost of the system.
- Explored geothermal heating and cooling for the office facility to understand whether the technology was a sustainable and effective inclusion.
- Heat Stratification Modelling completed for the ambient store, using only passive cooling techniques significantly reducing operational expenses.
- Low flow/high efficiency ammonia refrigeration system delivering significant operational cost savings.
- Full capture of roof water into tank systems to be recycled for landscaping, amenities, truck wash and refrigeration plant.
- Full WELS review of all fixtures and fittings within the facility to ensure maximized efficiency.
- Appointment of external interior designer and office architect to ensure completely passive and progressive design of the office space.