Lack of group-wide transport system: Absence of a unified system for supporting transport planning and execution activities across the entire organization.
Manual and fragmented processes: Extensive reliance on manual and paper-based processes, with limited standardization at the group level.
Limited group-level visibility: Business processes and reporting confined to site, state, and brand-specific parameters, resulting in restricted group-level visibility.
- Facilitated a collaborative transport technology definition process, working closely with client stakeholders to assess current and future requirements.
- Developed Request for Proposal (RFP) materials and guided the entire RFP process, evaluating and selecting recommended vendors.
- Strategic vendor assessment and selection led to identify and recommend suitable vendors, aligning with the client's transport technology needs.
- TMX's situational analysis provided a clear understanding of the client's current and future technology requirements, laying the foundation for a well-informed technology roadmap.
- Leading the RFP process across the Transport Management System, telematics, and route optimization, TMX ensured a comprehensive evaluation, incorporating vendor demonstrations and site case study reviews, to tailor solutions aligned with the client's unique needs.
- Through a meticulous assessment of vendor responses from qualitative, quantitative, and risk perspectives, TMX's recommendations to the client's executive team and key stakeholders pave the way for a strategic and detailed implementation plan, guaranteeing optimized outcomes.